We are a diverse and dynamic team that is expanding. We have a great office, a flexible working pattern and a great team environment. We’ll help you deliver your best work and grow you with career and personal development through training, conferences and courses. The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace. We are a diverse team and want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
As a Senior Engineer you will work alongside our engineers, product owners and stakeholders based in London and Sofia to lead and steer the technical conversations and ensure that what we build is best in class and fit for purpose. Working with the Head of Engineering, you’ll be responsible for the technical strategy and tactical implementation, as well as helping with hiring, growing and running our team.
YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO SOMETHING BIG:
- You’ll be involved with the technical direction for our iOS products as well as day to day coding standards and best practices
- You’ll be a mentor to your peers and team members, a source of technical expertise and will participate in strategic conversations with the rest of engineering and the business
- You’ll feel comfortable presenting to internal teams as well as external Meetups and the like, representing the engineering work at News UK.
OUR IDEAL TEAMMATE HAS/IS:
- You’re a true engineer with a passion for well-crafted and tested code, considering everything from architecture and security to performance. You understand agile methodologies and enjoy collaboration
- You lead by example, encouraging your peers to constantly improve
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are proactive in driving positive change, encouraging those around you to do the same
- You love engineering and constantly want to learn more
- You do thorough code reviews to be sure what we produce is of a very high standard
- You understand the value of TDD/BDD and DevOps as part of development
- You are an expert in Apple’s Swift and perhaps some other languages too
- 3+ years commercial development of mobile applications on the iOS platform 3+ using Swift.
- Strong grasp of object-oriented software development and tiered design.
- An ability to deliver solutions with iOS UI/UX principles in mind.
- Quality-led approach to development (UI/Unit Testing)
- Experience with CI/CD tools and practices and a DevOps mindset
- Experience with mobile development issues related to performance optimisation, caching, security and native components/SDKs.
- Excellent communication skills contextually tailored to various levels of the organisation including external parties