Въведи своя e-mail и парола за вход, ако вече имаш създаден профил в DEV.BG/Jobs
Въведи своя e-mail и ще ти изпратим твоята парола
Location: Sofia (Bulgaria) / Remote
Who we are:
Sirma AI, trading as Ontotext, helps enterprises to identify meaning across diverse datasets and massive amounts of unstructured information, and, thus, to upgrade data into knowledge. We enjoy a unique position providing state-of-the-art semantic technology in two distinct but complementary areas – graph database engines and text analytics. Through an unrivalled combination of enterprise-ready products, professional services and technology solutions, Ontotext has successfully established a customer network comprised of leading world-class organizations in healthcare and life sciences (AstraZeneca, Johns Hopkins University, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago), publishing (BBC, Financial Times, Oxford University Press), financial services (S&P Global, Euromoney), industry (Johnson Controls, Siemens), the public sector (NASA, Fujitsu, UK Parliament) and more. Ontotext commercial successes have their roots in our dedication to innovation. Since 2002, the company has participated in more than 50 research projects with national and international funding. Through the years we have received several awards as the most innovative business in Bulgaria.
Who are we looking for:
We are looking for a Researcher who will join our team and contribute to beyond state-of-the-art research projects, in collaboration with leading European research and academic institutions and industry. If you are a researcher who is passionate about weaving research results into real-life applications, this position is for you!
• Participate in externally funded or internal research projects
• Communicate and collaborate with partners and/or colleagues to identify user needs and transform them to technical requirements
• Research state-of-the-art algorithms, methods, and tools to propose the most appropriate for the task/project
• Carry out experiments with the selected methods/algorithms/tools and evaluate results
• Work together with developers to apply selected methods/algorithms in the implementation of components, services, demonstrators, applications, or products
• Report project results in deliverables, in scientific papers, in presentations and in blogposts
• Participate in writing project proposals for national and international funding
The position allows for flexible definition of your role and responsibility based on your knowledge, experience and skills.
The best-fit candidates for the Researcher role should have at least an MSc degree in computer science or related field. Candidates with a PhD degree will have an advantage and will be considered for senior positions. BSc level candidates possessing the required skills and knowledge, who are planning to continue their studies may be deemed fit for a junior position.
The following skills and qualities are required for the position:
• Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
• Presentations and documentation writing skills
• Proactive and result-oriented attitude
• Openness to interdisciplinary tasks and collaboration
• Teamwork and knowledge transfer skills.
To be successful in the role you should have knowledge, experience or research interests in:
• AI (ML, NLP, DL)
• Semantic technologies (ontologies, SPARQL, KGs)
• Databases (SQL, non-SQL)
• OOP, Data Structures and Algorithms, graph theory
• Programming knowledge or experience, ideally in Java and/or Python, and desire to improve it.
The following experience will be an advantage:
• Experience in applied research in AI, Information Systems or Software Engineering
• Experience with Pytorch and/or Tensorflow
• (Leading) Work on research projects (national or international funding, internal in the organisation or in cooperation with other organisations)
• Publications of scientific papers
• Experience in some of the domains of application (healthcare, pharma, manufacturing, energy, media and publishing, banking and fintech, automotive, buildings and construction)
• Experience as Senior Researcher or Researcher in computer science
• Research project reporting, presentations, and documentation, writing of project proposals for funding.
Participation in beyond state-of-the-art research in collaboration with leading European research and academic institutions and industry. Real-life applications of research results in the domains of healthcare, pharma, manufacturing, energy, media and publishing, banking and fintech, automotive, buildings and construction, and others.